Monday, October 19, 2009

Words for an angry young man...

My license says that
I'm an organ donor
you know...
if I could heal you
by giving you an organ
I would.
But what torments you
is not so easily cured
cannot cut
and stitch you back up.

I am truly sorry-
that life isn't fair,
or simple,
or black and white
or everything that you
long for.
It just isn't
and never will be.

If I had the skills of a surgeon
and could heal you
by swapping out the
dis-eased
I'd start with your heart.
It's the most battered,
worn out..
there's a lot of scar
tissue
deep wounds
that never properly
healed.

Ragged edges of
puckered flesh.
It's ready to stop
fighting.

just
give
up.

I offer:

-a new heart
for you

child-like it has yet
to know pain-
has no scars
all it has known
is unconditional love.

Take it, trust it,
learn to listen to it.
Nurture it.

I offer:

-new ears
so that you may
listen.
Truly hear what others
are saying
rather than
those angry
voices tormenting
inside
your head.

Maybe you will
finally be able
to hear me
and the others
who
love you.

I offer:

-A pair of eyes
so you may stop
looking for faults
in those around you-
the faults
will always be there
in all of us...
as will the ugliness
of this world

but with fresh
eyes may you
see beauty
exists
alongside
pain and sorrow.

See the grey hues
not only
black & white
see vermillion
chartreuse
lilac
celadon
saffron
along with
red, green,purple,
blue
and yellow.



I've been cut out
of your life
like a cancerous
growth
the
biopsy results are in :
benign..



Your reasons were clear,
fears unfounded,
claims unfair.

I cannot remain
passive
when under fire.

Fight or flight
response kicks in
I defend my
heart,
my soul,
my words,
my thoughts.

Sometimes harsh words
are needed-
I don't make apologies
for them.

I can only apologize
for your pain
and hope
that through it
you will learn to fly
again..

that the little boy
who loved his Nana
who loved without
terms and conditions
without expectations
who had peace
will return.

I'm not a surgeon
I don't cut,
Not even when
the growths are cancerous.

Once my heart opens
in friendship
the door stays
open
a lifetime.

This earth mother
will be here
offering what
she can
should you ever
have a need.

~blessed be~




No comments: