Thursday, November 12, 2009

Improbable Odds

You've been caught
in the game
so long now,
pushing memories aside..
forcing amnesia

With steel blue eyes
you scan the crowd--

48 pairs of legs
a dozen heart-shaped asses
twenty silicon filled breasts
5 who have viable grey matter--

none with viable hearts.

I stand outside
in cloak of night
riddled with imperfections
peering through the
smudged pain,
watching as the wheels
of a beautiful mind spin

My heart captures the moment
with crystal clarity
I open,
as a dozen fireflies escape
glowing brightly,
my hiding place exposed,

you glance towards the window
our eyes meet,
hold...............

a sigh escapes your lips,
you turn away
making your choice--
a blonde towards the front

you mentally calculate...
"4 out of 5 ain't bad"

I close my shutters,
fireflies scatter
and I walk into
darkness once more.





No comments: