Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Falsely Accused

What could I have done differently?
should be phrased
Could I have done anything differently?
and the answer should be
a distinctly loud
and
resounding
NO.

Instead I rack my brain
for answers
that just
aren't
there.

I will never know
the reason
why..

In my heart
I know
there was
nothing
I did wrong..
that
it wasn't
and isn't
my
fault.

My mind
however
feels a need
to
overanalyze,
place blame
with
someone.

Who better
than myself?
No one else
wants to
step up to
the plate
and admit
or acknowledge
they too
may have
played a
part
in the
1 in 150
innocent
lives
left
in
daily
crisis

no one
wants to
see
the
families torn
apart
no one wants
to hear
the
pain
that has
no sound,
no
voice.

I'll take
part
of the
blame
for my
One
in
150.
At least
that way
there is
someone
to
blame
even
if
falsely
accused

No comments: