Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Muse

am I alone
in my wanting
my hoping,
and dreaming for more?
do you ever awake
willing me to be,
there at your door?

would we walk by the river
would we lie by the sea
would I look in your eyes
and reflected, see me?

would you take me on a road trip
would you map the route to your heart
would you kiss my lips farewell
would you wish to never part

would we spin around in circles
would we run mazes through the corn
would you hold me through the night
and watch the sun announce the morn

would you speak to me with your eyes
with your passion, with your song
with your newly unfettered footsteps
dancing across my soul at dawn

Would you love me without ceasing
would you never let it fade
would you promise me the next lifetime
we’ll no longer be afraid?

No comments: