Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Indian Corn


Author Notes:
Old poem that one day I hope to turn into a song...





On the curvy backroad streets

the paths we used to share,

your smile is so sweet

and you can take me anywhere.



Headed into the sun

our day has just begun

and I’ve got the time (baby)

if you think you may care



Indian corn and kisses so sweet

walking hand in hand

the many smiles we shared that day

and things that were never planned



Autumn air and houseplants

for whose house I don’t know

planting the seeds that we knew in time

would only continue to grow



Driving on these roads again

I’d know them anywhere

these streets have got your name on them

and the wind blows through my hair



Somehow we’ll find the answers

in this glass we’re looking through

the mirror tells a story

the picture I paint is of you



And someday’s not so far away

when it comes to me and you

cause we’ve got a lifetime (baby)

to see this crazy love through



And I tell myself we’ll find some way

to make it to the end

cause you and I we have a tie

that time can never end.



No comments: