Saturday, November 10, 2007

Shit on the Floor~For Representative Barton

Author Notes:
This was just an angry rant directed at Rep. Joe Barton when he was stalling on the Combating Autism Act. It's old news now and I don't usually do much with politics, but this smelled so rotten I had to blow off some steam.

We really don’t care if you think we’re crazy-gp ahead and call us extreme because the reality is just the same. Though you may wear a suit and tie and I wear jeans streaked with whatever the shit du-jour happens to be I guarantee if you were me, if you were walking in MY shoes through my barricaded house-if it were your son or daughter, sister or brother-you’d be a little fucking crazy and pissed at the asshole you’ve become Mr. Representative.

Tell me again who and what exactly are you representing? ‘Mike’ was more polite than I would have been..all he asked was to see you and was told there was no more room in the meeting behind closed doors..the door couldn’t even be opened so he could stand in the doorway..no room at the inn. I have a feeling the smell of shit would have knocked him out anyway.(watch him here….http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa2-bFlASpo) Had it been me I would have organized a bunch of us ‘crazies’ with all of our autistic kids in tow and let them loose right there in your office. Let them run around laughing, jumping, climbing, screaming..let them bang their heads on that door and demand you hear THEM. Let them shit on your desk, in the middle of the floor, paint you a masterpiece on your walls-just so you don’t forget what we REALLY think of you.Fact is your shit is the same as theirs, and yes, we smell it on the FLOOR.

But that’s just my craziness talking…don’t worry I only let it out to play on paper. I’ll play nice..write my letters, make my phone calls, post my bulletins, send my e-mails. I’ll stop and think and think and think and realize that maybe our kids with autism have a gift, to not see as clearly the fucked up world in which they live-to not see the people who should be representing and fighting for them stabbing them in the back, saying they just aren’t important enough. Maybe tonight I’ll join his world and free myself at least until tomorrow when I wake up and FIGHT for his rights against narrow minded people like you who twist the truth and words to fit your needs.


It's sickening how little is being done. Autism stats are up to 1 in 150. For boys the number rises to 1 in 94. Every 20 minutes a child is diagnosed with Autism. More children will be diagnosed with Autism this year than AIDS, Diabetes, and Cancer
combined, yet public research funding for the disorder totals less than 5 percent of that for leukemia,
juvenile diabetes, and muscular dystrophy.

No comments: