Wednesday, November 14, 2007

October's Skeletons

Author Notes:
There's a lot of hidden references in here...if you read deeply enough you should get it. Purging the demons. Confessional without telling all..







He was a double stop sign
11:11
East Coast/West Coast
Jim Morrison/James Dean
Rebel Without a Cause/Clue
Ker-o-wack/heart-attack
nomad/.hippie
smokin/tokin
high school drop-out
poet/fool

A Gerber-knife-wielding
'feed your baby/kill your baby'
thief of books/hearts

the only poet whose words left physical scars
~never let another poet get so close
(it will never happen
again...)

I hear he has
two published books of poems
Mommy and Daddy must be
so proud
they never saw
the scene that played out on their front lawn and sidewalk
that day

he was..
laughing in the wake of the storm~
Tori had the cadillac,
Fred's Seville..
I had a locked bedroom, without escape
gerber baby and you.

morrison and poetry couldn't save you that cold October day
from the monster that hid within

I haven't read your books
I already know your journal entries
skip October 15
since you told me
in no uncertain terms
Gerber-wielding-crazed-wild-eyed fuckface
the day never happened
it doesn't exist
erased from time
here's the lines from your favorite song
tweaked
just for you

(this is the only thing I'll ever write about you..
not FOR you,
it's for me)

tried to run
tried to hide
do you recall that day I cried?
no breaking through to the other side
that was the day a part of me died

No comments: