Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Quilt of Memories

You come to me in many distant thoughts...
You are
comfort,
loss...
a reminder of innocence

You are
heartache...
the smell of lavender sachet,
a big fluffy towel, fresh from the dryer

you are,
yellow roses, just because...
pansies planted in old tire planters,
a thousand kisses goodnight,
and a million kisses lost forever.

You are
ice pops on a summer day,
the whisper in the wind,
caretaker of my soul..
my son's guardian angel,
and smiling eyes reflected in my daughter...

you gave me life only to have yours end
so suddenly,
so painfully.

You are
strong,
brave and stubborn
you are a lot like me, I think,
yet will never fully know..

You are hundreds of small memories,
I piece together in my mind
until they make
a quilt I can wrap myself in
getting lost in the memories of you..

you are,
simply
my mom.

No comments: